Finding an audience as a musician has always been difficult, but the internet has helped make it easier. Many musicians and bands will build a website, and luckily, there is a great selection of themes to do this in WordPress.
Regardless if you want to just have a website that lists your upcoming gigs, provides your contact info, or even sells your music directly to customers, there are themes that can help you do this in WordPress.
Today, I will share the best themes for musicians to use within WordPress.
Lucille is one of the best WordPress themes for musicians to build with. It has several templates to choose from that suit different genres of music from rock to classical, and you can even switch between light and dark modes.
As you might expect, this theme has an audio player. It utilizes a classic wave-style player, which can be displayed on posts, pages, or album product pages. It has a classy design that stands out from more generic options.
This theme also comes equipped with the Slider Revolution plugin, which makes it extremely easy to build sliders to show off your work with. The sliders can even consist of video content, so it really fits in on a musician’s website nicely.
Especially if you have a YouTube channel.
Benefits of Using Lucille
- Utilize the drag-and-drop editor provided by WPBakery
- Integrates with WooCommerce to sell band merch and albums
- Excellent responsive design helps your content look great on any device
- Utilize the theme customizer to make global changes to site colors
- Add individual page backgrounds to better fit your albums
Astra is a multipurpose theme that is well-suited for any kind of website. And that’s because it provides website templates for any industry including music. In fact, it has several themes well suited for musicians for a range of genres.
Astra is the most popular theme in WordPress for a reason; it has an incredibly simple drag-and-drop editor that allows you to easily change any site elements within a demo, which makes it the ideal choice for beginners.
It’s also worth pointing out that Astra is compatible with WooCommerce. You can use it to sell band merch, or even sell albums, and WooCommerce comes with a built-in audio player so you can provide samples.
Benefits of Using Astra
- This theme is translation ready with RTL support for international shows
- Excellent customer support is waiting to help troubleshoot any theme issues
- Build your own header or footer area
- Lightweight design ensures that pages load fast
- See changes in real time with live editing
OceanWP is another huge name when it comes to WordPress themes because it does just about everything well. It offers a robust catalog of templates for any occasion including musicians, bands, and more.
The aptly named Music template has everything a musician or band needs in a theme. Biography space, album displays, “Play Now” buttons, social media integration, and about a dozen other features that make it a great choice.
And with Elelmentor integration, you can easily add a SoundCloud audio player to share tracks directly on your website. Combine this with the theme’s natural responsive design, and you really have something incredible.
Benefits of Using OceanWP
- Easily create custom sections for your pages like a countdown to the next show
- Control colors and fonts on a global level
- Choose from 7 header styles and 3 mobile menus
- Seamless WooCommerce integration makes this theme great for selling merch
- This theme is translation ready with RTL support
Vice is a stunning theme built specifically for DJs and musicians and boasts an excellent design. One of the standout features would be the video background that you can use to show off music videos or concerts.
It also includes a featured music player that can play music when a page loads. And to prevent this from being annoying, you can toggle it to start muted so that visitors can enable the sound themself or adjust the volume.
You wouldn’t want to cause a jump scare for new visitors.
It’s worth noting that Vice goes beyond just music, it also excels at podcasting or anything else audio related. Design-wise, you can choose from several music web templates and then customize them using your favorite page builder like Elementor.
Benefits of Using Vice
- Import demo content in a single click
- Stream radio stations through the audio player
- Choose from hundreds of Google fonts
- Supports multiple file types like MP3, SoundCloud, MixCloud, and more
- Includes social sharing icons for improved shareability
While Mozzy was made for podcasts, the truth is that its tools also work really well for musicians and bands. It has an excellent audio player that makes it easy to create playlists for music or video content.
This is perfect if you want to share music videos for your tracks or just the tracks themselves. Speaking of albums, if you are looking to sell them, you can rest easy, as the Mozzy theme seamlessly integrates with WooCommerce.
In terms of design, the theme utilizes a grid layout to show off album tracks, which also works well for any online shop. It also has compatibility with Elementor so you really do have an unlimited number of customization options.
Benefits of Using Mozzy
- Easily create your own color scheme
- Choose from hundreds of Google Fonts
- This theme is translation ready with RTL support
- Responsive design makes sure it looks great on mobile devices
- Easily define the width of your pages
Wayfarer is another excellent theme built specifically for musicians and bands to build a site with. As such, it has a built-in audio player that you can use to share your music with the world.
And that’s not all, you can also use it to construct full audio and video libraries that can house all of your content from songs to music videos. And yes, you can use this to build both audio and video playlists for visitors.
Perhaps its most useful feature is the Gigs lists. This is a system that allows you to list upcoming Gigs and performances, including all of the details like date and location. It is automatically sorted to show them in chronological order, so you can easily add new Gigs.
Benefits of Using Wayfarer
- The Gigs section also displays previous Gigs on a separate tab
- Embed Google Maps to help visitors find your next Gig
- Archive all of your records and albums for visitors to find
- Create record pages that include full playlists for your albums
- Easily embed your music videos from YouTube or Vimeo
Neve is another multipurpose theme that can fit any niche thanks to a huge library of pre-made sites for any occasion. Combine those with a nearly endless amount of customization, and you really have one of the best themes in WordPress for musicians.
All of the demo content can be installed on your website in just a single click. The theme supports all layout types from blogs to grids, which also makes it a perfect choice for eCommerce sites, especially with its seamless WooCommerce integration.
On top of excellent design features, Neve also delivers excellent performance. Its lightweight design ensures that pages load fast, which is why Google gives it a 100% when it comes to page speed.
Benefits of Using Neve
- Quick setup and intuitive design make it perfect for beginners
- Expert support is standing by to help you with theme-related issues
- Build your own header and footer areas
- Compatible with most major page builder plugins
- Control color options with global options
If you are looking for a theme built for the music industry, look no further than the incredible Music Club theme. It has everything a band or label needs to succeed from displaying tour dates to selling merch.
You’ll have no problem finding the perfect font to match your label with over 700 Google Fonts to choose from, and if you have international fans, no worries, this theme is fully translatable with WPML support.
In terms of page building, you’ll have access to the visual editor, Bold Builder. This allows you to easily build pages to your liking in an intuitive way, which makes it ideal for bands looking to build their first website.
Benefits of Using Music Club
- Includes a ready-to-use shop to sell merch with
- Gain access to an extensive FAQ for support or contact the developers directly
- Choose from multiple color options to fit your brand
- Create custom headers to fit all of the important information
- Import demo content in a single click.
Dance Floor DJ is another stylish option that was designed specifically for DJs and musicians. It comes equipped with five unique color styles that you can switch between in a single click or make your own.
Its best feature would be the custom Audio Track widget. This widget allows you to add your own audio track to play on your website. It has volume control and mute options, which help you avoid jump-scaring your visitors.
Of course, no theme is complete without social media integration. You can easily add your Facebook page ID or Twitter Share ID to integrate with these platforms. Overall, it’s a great theme to build a website around, especially with excellent responsive design.
Benefits of Using Dance Floor DJ
- Includes access to an Events Calendar to show upcoming gigs
- Build slideshows to show off your upcoming or previous venues
- Includes Photoshop assets to help you create your own content
- Easily embed YouTube and Vimeo videos
- available in English and Spanish
Are you looking for a stylish theme to build a music-focused website? If so, look no further than FWRD. This theme is gorgeous with excellent responsive design, thus it looks great on any device.
With a focus on music, you can expect this theme to come with an audio player. With it, you can upload MP3 files and create playlists for use on your site. It comes with volume controls and makes it easy to switch between tracks.
If you are looking to sell merch for your band, then you’re in good hands. FWRD is fully compatible with WooCommerce, the best eCommerce tool that WordPress has to offer. You can easily build an online shop and start selling immediately.
Benefits of Using FWRD
- This theme is translation ready with WPML support
- Utilizes the Slider Revolution plugin to build sliders for events
- Includes access to a child theme
- Add videos as page backgrounds
- Includes a sticky header option
Ultra is another amazing multipurpose theme that does just about everything well. Like most multipurpose themes, Ultra has a huge library of templates that are suited for any niche, and music is definitely one of them.
Ultra has a ton of great features with one of its standouts being the Parallax Scrolling effect. This is an effect that moves the background image at a different speed than the foreground content when scrolling. It’s quite stylish and really gaining traction.
Another feature that makes this one of the best WordPress themes for bands is the timeline feature. You can create a timeline to show your past and future performances in a stylish manner.
Benefits of Using Ultra
- Choose from 17 header styles
- Create post content with a slider header
- Choose from over 600 Google Fonts
- Easily upload your own logo for better site branding
- Utilize vertical or horizontal section scrolling
Getting started with a career in the music industry isn’t easy, which is why you might be looking for a free musician theme in WordPress, and luckily, you have a lot of options. But without a doubt, Music Press is one of the best free options available.
It offers an excellent design that can work for multiple genres of music. You can easily combine it with a page builder plugin for even more options. And it’s worth pointing out that it is SEO-friendly, which can help boost your search engine rankings.
You can also include a video header option. This is a great option for showing off your music videos or past performances. Overall, this theme really has everything you’ll need for success and is quite robust as far as free themes go.
Benefits of Using Music Press
- Build an online store with WooCommerce compatibility
- Includes a “Back to Top” button
- Easily create blog content to talk about inspiration or just wild stories
- Create a portfolio section to show off your band’s skill set
- Translation ready with RTL support
Mixtape is another superb theme built specifically for musicians, DJs, and anyone else involved in the music industry. It delivers multiple demo sites that are great for different site focus like bands, music festivals, and more.
As you probably expect, this theme allows you to upload and play your favorite music tracks directly on the website. It offers multiple audio player styles, so you can better match your brand. And it makes it easy to embed videos from YouTube or Vimeo.
It is also well equipped in case you plan on selling merch or albums to your fans. It has a beautiful grid layout that is perfect for displaying your products to visitors. Overall, Mixtape is the complete package.
Benefits of Using Mixtape
- Fully responsive design ensures any device can access your website
- Includes Albums as a custom post type
- Gain access to a set of powerful shortcodes
- Includes parallax sections
- Utilize a Twitter Feed widget to show your latest tweets
Amplify is yet another spectacular theme made for musicians. It offers a robust list of customization options that should be familiar to any premium theme, and it even has seamless integration with the Beaver Builder for more options.
One of the strongest features of this theme would be the audio player. With it, you can easily upload your best tracks to share with visitors online. Combine this with seamless video integration from YouTube, and you have all of the bases covered.
It also has a dates and events tool that can help list your upcoming gig to make sure visitors know where to find your next performance. Simply put, Amplify is a terrific option when you are looking to build a website for a musician.
Benefits of Using Amplify
- Create image galleries to show off your latest venues
- Create custom headers
- Choose from multiple layout options
- Fully responsive design ensures your website looks great on any device
- See changes in real time with the live customizer
Regardless of if you are trying to build a site for your band, an upcoming music event, or anything related to music at all, the Kentha theme is one of the best choices you can make when building in WordPress.
It utilizes a fully responsive design with several demos to choose from that can fit any niche in the music industry. The real bread and butter of this theme is its own Kentha Audio Player.
It allows you to upload tracks and drag and drop them to build playlists. As such, this theme really does feature everything you’ll need from a design and sound standpoint.
When you combine all of this with seamless WooCommerce integration, it’s a great pick.
Benefits of Using Kentha
- Create full-screen video backgrounds
- Create bio pages for all of your band members
- Embed Google Maps to help visitors find upcoming performances
- The audio player also works well for podcasts
- Integrates with most major plugins and services like Mailchimp
When it comes to amazing WordPress themes for musicians, Tusant is one of the best. This theme specializes in anything audio-related like music or podcasts and has an excellent design that can be customized for any niche.
Its strongest feature would be the ability to easily display video and audio playlists. You can place them anywhere and make them look stylish with the right customizations. It also has a great layout for displaying albums and podcasts.
You can sell all of your music directly to visitors by setting up WooCommerce. The seamless integration will have an online shop ready in minutes, which is just another reason why you should pick Tusant.
Benefits of Using Tusant
- The theme setup wizard helps you get started in minutes
- Supports all major podcasting platforms
- Albums can consist of a single song or multiple
- Choose from dozens of page builder settings
- Easily control and customize your color scheme
Recond is one of the best WordPress themes for musicians and recording studios. It has several well-crafted demo sites that you can use as the base of your website. Each one can be further customized to fit your niche.
One of the best features of this theme would be the easy-to-use color customizer. This tool makes it easy to adjust your site’s color scheme by selecting the main color, secondary color, and adding additional colors as needed.
If you need even more customization options, simply install your favorite page builder plugin.
This theme has several custom options for tools like WPBakery, and it is also compatible with other popular WordPress plugins like WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, and more.
Benefits of Using Recond
- Gain access to powerful shortcode commands
- Get technical support for any theme-related issues fast
- Add image zoom hover effects
- Install your demo content in a single click
- Supports parallax scrolling effects
Obsidian was built for bands. It comes equipped with one of the best Gig systems on this list. With it, you can display a full list of your upcoming gigs. It even has the option to archive older gigs with pagination support by year.
It’s also worth pointing out that each gig has Google Maps embedded automatically. You’ll just need to enter the address and it will appear for visitors. It also has an awesome archive system that works great for older albums.
You can set up the album page to include sample audio tracks for each song to help entice them to buy the album. Speaking of buying the album, it is fully compatible with WooCommerce for simple online transactions.
Benefits of Using Obsidian
- Easily create a video library by just including the video URLs
- Excellent responsive design ensures that the site looks great on any device
- Includes a great selection of social media icons
- Create awesome image-based backgrounds
- Choose from over 30 handpicked fonts
Firemaster is easily among the best WordPress themes for musicians to use for a variety of reasons. Perhaps one of its best attributes would be the great selection of demo content. It has entire pre-made sites and popular pre-made pages.
For instance, the Contact Us page is something every musician will need so they can have customers reach them. Easily add custom audio players anywhere on your site to stream your music. Or build incredible video libraries to show off music videos.
While this may sound like it will take a lot of work, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Firemaster is incredibly simple to use, which makes it a strong choice for beginners. Demo content only takes a single click to install.
Benefits of Using Firemaster
- Easily build an online store to sell music and merch with WooCommerce
- Create photo galleries to show off past performances
- Includes access to the Slider Revolution plugin
- Includes a discography feature
- Gain access to the WPBakery page builder
Who would have guessed that a theme named Music would be one best WordPress themes for musicians? It has a great selection of customization tools combined with a variety of features that help visitors find your band.
For instance, it has an entire event feature that is dedicated to sharing your upcoming gigs and performances. It even has Google Map support to show visitors the exact location so they can attend themselves.
It also has support for audio players. With them, you can create playlists of your sample tracks to entice visitors to purchase your latest albums. And you can add store features through seamless WooCommerce integration.
Benefits of Using Music
- Enable continuous music while visitors navigate your website
- Add music controls in your footer area so users can toggle volume controls
- Includes Album as a custom post type
- Create beautiful galleries to show off your best performances
- Create stunning one-page site designs
If you’re looking to create an elegant website for your music career, then look no further than Vex. This theme has everything you’ll need to build a successful website from excellent design to complementary features.
It has some of the best music website templates that you can install in a single click. And its fully responsive design ensures that anything you create looks great on any device.
Of course, the real bread and butter of this theme is the music player.
You can easily add MP3 files to the music player and simply drag and drop the tracks in the desired order to create playlists. It’s extremely intuitive to use, which makes it a great choice for beginners that are not familiar with WordPress.
Benefits of using Vex
- Excellent performance that has pages loading fast
- Integrates with Contact Form 7 to help create contact forms for performances
- Events manager helps highlight upcoming gigs and supports multi-day venues
- Import any demo content in a single click
- Smooth scrolling effects make site navigation look great
Bands is another free WordPress theme that musicians can take advantage of if they are looking to save some money. As such, it doesn’t have all of the bells and whistles as the other entries on this list, but it does have what you need.
It has a built-in media player that is perfect for adding sample tracks for your albums, or even the full track. It also has excellent social media integration with icons from all of the major platforms.
In terms of customization, there is a solid number of options to choose from, but you’ll probably want to install a page builder plugin like Elementor to add more design options.
For a free theme, Bands is one of the best options available in WordPress.
Benefits of Using Bands
- The responsive retina-ready design ensures your website looks good on any screen size
- SEO-friendly design helps bring your website to the top of Google rankings
- This theme is translation ready for international performances
- Choose from hundreds of Google Fonts
- Utilizes 3 custom widget areas
Closing out this list of the best WordPress themes for musicians is the incredible StereoClub theme. Don’t let its placement fool you, this is easily one of the best themes you can use when building a music-focused website.
This theme was built with speed in mind, and it really shows. Your pages are going to load fast thanks to its clean code. And thanks to its responsive design, it won’t just load fast on any device, but it will look great no matter the screen size.
You can also easily upload your own logo throughout your website for better branding options. There is also an event listing feature you can use to list your upcoming gigs and performances. Overall, StereoClub has everything you need for success.
Benefits of Using StereoClub
- Easily upload videos and place them on posts and pages
- Easily upload samples for your latest albums
- Include blog content to help give your SEO a boost
- Customization options are plentiful and easily accessed through the Theme Options section
- Create custom share buttons to help spread the word
Start Building With These WordPress Themes For Musicians
As you can see, WordPress has an incredible library of themes for Musicians to choose from. They excel at everything you’ll need with excellent design options, powerful audio players, and even online shopping.
Building an online site for your music career is one of the best decisions a band can make in 2023 because you can gain a lot of exposure, especially if you integrate social media into your website.
Thanks to all of this, and much more, WordPress is the best place to build your website no matter what your niche is.
What is the most important feature you look for in a theme? Are you planning to use WooCommerce to sell products from your website?