WordPress is a well-known, robust, and scalable environment. So it comes as no shock that a user would want to set up an eCommerce website through WordPress. However, to launch a strong online eCommerce internet presence on WordPress, one will require quality web hosting solutions and dependable themes and plugins.
To create an online store with WordPress you will basically require to purchase a domain name, choose a web host, and implement WordPress.
This post will guide you through that. Here are 5 steps to creating your own eCommerce site through WordPress.
1. Purchasing a domain name
Your domain name should be impressive and distinctive. There are a few factors to take into consideration when choosing a domain name.
- Keep it short: try to keep the domain name as simple and short as possible, since it will be easier to remember. Pick those words that will be recognizable to your target audience.
- Utilize keywords: since you need your audience to recognize what you are selling, it is advisable to utilize keywords in your domain name.
- Try using something other than .com: if you must use something like jklshop.com, then you can use jkl.shop.com. Studies show that using domain name extensions like “shop” and “store” to communicate your brand to your consumers is successful. Furthermore, it is simply less expensive than jkl.com. This is an excellent option for budding entrepreneurs.
- Don’t use hyphens: Adding hyphens to your site can create complications. It is strongly suggested to choose a domain name without any hyphens unless you are planning to build numerous similar websites around your eCommerce identity.
- Don’t use doubled alphabets: Duplicate letters can seem annoying and kind of seem wrong. Use words that are simple to understand at a glance.
2. Decide on a web hosting company
Contemplate how much traffic your site will be managing in the initial stage before buying a web hosting plan. If you are a new or small to midsize eCommerce company, it might be best to go for a hosting provider that is known to cater to similar customers.
Once you choose a web host provider that fits your requirements, you will have to purchase a hosting plan with them and enter your domain name to set up your account.
Host.co.in offers plans that are suitable for all kinds of businesses. The WordPress hosting packages begin at Rs. 99 per month. The plans are easily scalable. Even if you opt for shared, VPS, or a dedicated server, we have got hosting solutions that will match your needs.
Our hosting plans are economical and offer high performance. In fact, we offer a domain name registration service as well. You can have your domain name and hosting account under a single roof.
3. Set Up WordPress and a satisfactory WooCommerce theme
Navigate to your hosting control panel and install WordPress. Using a manual FTP installation method, install WordPress utilizing FileZilla.
You have a wide selection of almost 1,300 premium WooCommerce themes available on ThemeForest, starting at around $39, providing you with countless alternatives for your dream website.
Premium themes are advised because all ThemeForest personnel staff is committed to supporting you.
The Qi Theme allows you to display your products or services in a distinctive, dynamic, interesting style and includes a number of gorgeous online store demos for a variety of themes.
Product reviews, social integration, related items, variables, and much more are all part of the theme.
If you are familiar with coding and customization, wordpress.org is a wonderful place to choose one of the almost 1,000 WooCommerce free themes.
Here are a few well-liked WooCommerce themes to think about:
Astra Theme for WooCommerce, OceanWP, and Storefront.
4. Configure WooCommerce items
By selecting the Add New option under the Plugins area on the WordPress dashboard, you may install WooCommerce instantly.
You complete the first configuration by following the setup wizard when WooCommerce has been activated. Also, you can configure shipping and payment choices there.
Once you’ve added products or goods to WooCommerce and customized individual product web pages, you can start collecting data for your business.
Use WooCommerce Additional Product Options to build product add-ons in bulk, if you want to capitalize on your specialization by offering gift alternatives, engraved personalizations, or custom printing.
5. Boost WooCommerce’s capabilities
Point of Sale for WooCommerce (POS)
Jovvie is an integrated, fully functional point of sale (POS) for WooCommerce that you can add with just one click if you want to start selling in person at your store or at events like trade exhibitions or markets for farmers.
You can manage clients, payments, contacts, and sales for both online and offline channels with Jovvie.
It can be used on a self-hosted server with actual synchronization and updates or on a cloud-hosted service.
Packing slips and an invoice
Having an effective operation to deliver orders to clients swiftly is crucial once the orders start coming in.
You can use the BizPrint app to automatically and immediately print formatted invoices, receipts and bills, packing slips, and shipping labels to print stations located across your company.
Identify necessary extensions
Every company has a preference. Thus, don’t assume that WooCommerce plugins will satisfy all of your needs. For specialized duties that your internet store needs, look for alternate extensions.
If compatibility is your top concern, go to the Developed-by-WooCommerce plugins web page and select the most crucial add-ons for your store, like Stripe or WooCommerce Payments (free).
The drawback of a few of these extensions is that you must pay a yearly fee if they are premium. Furthermore, the price is perhaps too high.
We have listed a few recommendations which are offered by Codecanyon and adhere to Envato licensing guidelines.
You can purchase here, pay once, and receive updates without having to resubscribe:
- Websites employing the WPBakery page builder are advised to use the WooCommerce page builder. With the help of this plugin, you may modify the frontend and backend interfaces for your shops in WPBakery.
- Set your own shipping rates using your own rules based on user, product, or cart-based factors with WooCommerce Advanced Shipping.
- Utilized for discounts, coupons, offers, promotions, bundle pricing, bulk pricing, location-based pricing, flash sale, and wholesale pricing; you can make the best of WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts
- WooCommerce Email Customizer is a free plugin that will enhance the look of your order confirmation email details and encourage repeat business.
An eCommerce website’s setup and operation do not occur once. It involves ongoing monitoring and optimization depending on the behavior of your target user, standout items, and brand objectives.
Hence, it is extremely crucial to find a web hosting provider who will constantly assist you with that. Host.co.in offers WordPress hosting solutions. Our technical team will manage and monitor your hosting account, ensuring quality performance, good speed, and high uptime at all times.
Read Also: A Guide to Building a B2B Website Using WordPress